Senior Structural Engineer. $143-122k.
Location: NTH ISLAND - Auckland
Category: Engineering - Structural
Typical structural works include:
- Seismic strengthening and retrofits
- Medium rise office buildings
- Apartment developments including multi-storey blocks and towers
- Underground multilevel basement carparks
- Large format and conventional retail spaces and malls
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Run structural projects autonomously from tender to compliance.
- Coordinate projects with other members of staff including technical design team and admin.
- Assist with leading highly skilled structural design teams.
- Assist in budgeting and sales in the structural department.
- Mentor enthusiastic junior structural engineering staff members.
- Complete regular construction monitoring and site inspections.
- Liaise with prominent clients, contractors, tradespeople and council representatives.
CONSULTANCY & TEAM
- Practicality, effectiveness and innovation are the core values of this New Zealand owned structural design consultancy.
- They understand the importance of collaboration and communication to effective project delivery and strive to provide an environment that fosters this.
- Bright and airy open plan offices, with regular fruit deliveries and social outings with all levels of staff serve to nurture the team environment.
- The structural team is high-performing and energetic, and your boss is a respected leader in the field.
REQUIREMENT & EXPECTATION
At this level it is expected that you have:
- Minimum of 7 years structural engineering experience, with at least 2 years in NZ. CPEng preferred.
- Ability to work independently on many projects at once, and deliver on time and on budget without senior management interference.
- Experience in 3D design with steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures. Revit preferred but not essential
REWARD & RECIPROCITY
- this dynamic structural consultancy rewards hard work. Project bonuses are awarded on more KPIs than just budget. Do an excellent job and you will get the benefits.
- Promotion scheme in place to make sure bi-annual reviews lead to regular career uplift and professional development is given the attention it deserves.
- Salary packages are reflective of level of experience, and are always at the upper limits of the pay bracket.